The hospitality industry has been hugely affected by the coronavirus pandemic over the last few months, and in accordance with government guidelines we will remain closed for the month of June and expect to open to guests on 4th July 2020 providing the current situation does not change leading to a second lockdown situation.
In order to begin taking bookings again we have decided to change our booking and payment system slightly to help you feel more comfortable about making a booking with us.
For any bookings made after 25th March 2020 we will continue to take a 25% booking deposit in order to secure your dates and block them out to other guests. This booking deposit is non-refundable. Considering that we are all now aware of the risks of corona virus this booking deposit will also be non-refundable in the event of a second forced closure by the government. HOWEVER in the event of a second lockdown and forced closure we will permit any guest to transfer their booking deposit to any other available dates within the 12 months following their expected arrival date. This transfer will NOT be subject to our usual administration fee, and will be free of charge.
Usually the balance is due 28 days before arrival, however for any new bookings we will not be asking for payment until 14 days before arrival.
We hope this is a balanced compromise and gives you the security to book with us knowing that even if we have to close again you can transfer any funds paid over to a new date and have a holiday to look forward to.
Providing out planned opening does go ahead on July 4th we will also be making a few minor changes onsite:
- Checkin will be self-checkin for the foreseeable future, all guests will be sent instructions on where to go prior to arrival.
- When onsite all guests will be asked to remain 2 metres away from other guests and those not in their household.
- We will remain onsite and available for help should you need it, but only when essential. Should we need to have physical ‘contact’ with guests we ask that for your safety and ours that we remain 2 metres away from each other.
- To reduce sharing guests will be allocated a shower room/toilet to use during their stay.
- We ask that you wipe down any communal areas after use with the antibacterial sprays And kitchen towel provided.
- Guests will be encouraged to use their firepits, woodburners or BBQ’s for cooking. We are also trying to install gas stoves in each yurt before re-opening. This is to reduce the sharing of the communal cooking cabin. Alternatively guests are able to take advantage of the increased amount of local pubs offering takeaways and food delivery services in our area thanks to the corona virus pandemic. We are happy to make recommendations. You will find your yurt equipped with plates, bowls, glasses, mugs and cutlery as well as pots and pans for cooking so you will not need to use the cooking cabin unless you choose to. In which case we ask that it is thoroughly cleaned after use ready for the next guest.
- We will make an additional fridge available to guests to reduce the need to share. You will be allocated a fridge to use.
- We will have to adjust our checkin and checkout times to allow for the additional cleaning that we will need to undertake and safety measures we must observe for our staff. Checkin will be from 4:30pm and checkout will be by 9am.
Anybody not observing these guidelines may be asked to leave.
We are really missing our guests, and can’t wait to welcome you back into the yurts and The Loft this summer, we thank you for your co-operation with the above and want you to know that everyone’s safety is our main priority.
see you soon, stay safe, loves from all of the team at Peake’s Retreats